How dedicated will you be at Parkos?
Parkos is expanding and we are looking for a Senior Cloud Engineer. Do you have experience in developing at a high quality e-commerce platform? Do you like to work in an international environment and are you ready for the next step in your career at a fast growing scale-up? This might be the job you are looking for!
Parkos is the platform for finding and booking parking spots near airports. When Parkos started we were offering parking spots at Schiphol. Now, eight years later, we are servicing hundreds of thousands of customers at airports all over the world, such as The Netherlands, Belgium, France, the United States, Spain, Italy, Sweden, Australia, and Germany. Our customers go to the Parkos website, compare and then book a parking spot with one of Parkos' 1000+ parking partners. Parkos and our development team is expanding, so we are currently looking for an experienced Cloud Engineer.
We’re asking for a lot
Parkos (HQ based in the Netherlands) is a fast-growing platform for airport parkings. We have grown more than 100% every last 5 years. The next step for Parkos is to be world's No. 1 platform for parkings at airports. To be able to reach that goal, more and more features need to be implemented and more different stakeholders are involved. The current Laravel codebase has reached its limits, is too slow, not decoupled and difficult to maintain with larger teams. Therefore we are moving to microservices!
Who are you
- Experience in working with cloud (eg. AWS, Google, Azure)
- Experience with Containers and Kubernetes
- Experience with high traffic and high availability
- Experience with multi region setups
- Excellent knowledge of linux, scripting and tooling involved to make CI/CD fly
Expect this. And more.
What we offer you
- Up to 25 vacation days based on a contract for 40 hours
- A competitive salary based on your experience
- Autonomy and responsibility for how you want to do your job
- Ownership, if you have an idea on how we could improve the way we work or how we do things, you will be the one to drive the change and hold your colleagues accountable
- Personal growth, we train you to be a better IT professional by giving you feedback and autonomy
- Working at a fast-growing, award-winning e-commerce company with a proven concept
- We have offices in Amsterdam & Groningen but for this role working hybrid/remote is fine too
- Transparency and start-up mentality. Every Monday we have a company stand-up where each team shares what they are doing and what they did last week. We have a strong positive and result-driven company culture
- Teamspirit, we think that we can achieve better results if we work closely together. Of course, we celebrate achievements together as well
- Sharing knowledge and 'gezelligheid'. We regularly organize internal training about, for example, project management. Our activity-committee organizes monthly drinks on Fridays but also trips to Ameland or a German Christmas market