Parkos is expanding and we are currently looking for a backend Laravel developer with experience in NodeJS and microservices.
Parkos is the platform for finding - and booking parking spots near airports. When Parkos started we were offering parking spots at Schiphol. Now, seven years later, we are servicing hundreds of thousands of customers at airports all over the world, such as The Netherlands, Belgium, France, the United States, Spain, Italy, Sweden, Australia, and Germany. Our customers go to the Parkos website, compare and then book a parking spot with one of Parkos' 1000+ parking partners. Parkos is expanding and we are currently looking for a Laravel Developer who has experience with microservices.
About the role and team
Parkos (HQ based in the Netherlands) is a fast-growing platform for airport parkings. We have grown more than 100% every last 5 years. The next step for Parkos is to be world's No. 1 platform for parkings at airports. To be able to reach that goal, more and more features need to be implemented and more different stakeholders are involved. The current Laravel codebase has reached its limits, is too slow, not decoupled and difficult to maintain with larger teams. Therefore we are moving to microservices!
- Move more and more code to microservices
- Help us create new winning features
- Backend services written in Laravel & NodeJS
How you will work:
- Agile development process
- Full time member of the dev team
- Dev team with Q&A, PO, scrum master
- Fast growing development team
Your tech stack:
- Advanced Laravel level
- Medium NodeJS level
- Experience with queue (rabbitmq, pubsub, ...) is a bonus
We are looking for individual talent. Not dedicated teams. You can work fully remotely.
What we offer you
- Up to 25 vacation days based on a contract for 40 hours.
- A competitive salary based on your experience.
- Autonomy and responsibility for how you want to do your job.
- Ownership, if you have an idea on how we could improve the way we work or how we do things, you will be the one to drive the change and hold your colleagues accountable.
- Personal growth, we train you to be a better sales professional by giving you feedback and autonomy.
- Working at a fast-growing, award-winning e-commerce company with a proven concept.
- We have offices in Amsterdam & Groningen but for this role we prefer remote working.
- Transparency and start-up mentality. Every Monday we have a company stand-up where each team shares what they are doing and what they did last week. We have a strong positive and result-driven company culture.
- Teamspirit, we think that we can achieve better results if we work closely together. Of course, we celebrate achievements together as well.
- Sharing knowledge and 'gezelligheid'. We regularly organize internal training about, for example, project management. Our activity-committee organizes monthly drinks on Fridays but also trips to Ameland or a German Christmas market.
Looking for a new adventure? Then park your resume and fill in the form via the apply button. Do you have any questions about the vacancy? Then send an email to Ruben Stellingwerf (Corporate Recruiter) on email@example.com